An opportunity to hear Kit Downes’ highly anticipated and critically acclaimed album Dreamlife of Debris in concert.
Kit Downes piano, organ
Tom Challenger tenor saxophone
Lucy Railton cello
Sebastian Rochford drums
The wandering mind is a curious thing, and Kit Downes’ Dreamlife of Debris explores its tangents and threads, subtleties and secrets in this stunning project inspired by W. G. Sebald’s The Rings of Saturn novel. There is a suitably zero gravity feel to this music, buoyant, orbital, full of whorls and tendrils and utterly bewitching.
Kit’s playing is highly original and personal, his solo church organ album Obsidian being one of the most remarkable ECM albums of recent years. His three co-navigators on this voyage of discovery are all world-class improvising musicians and their in-flight conversation invites us into a world of restless melody, crisp rhythmic jousting, and a luminous palette of sonic colour and texture. Garnering major attention worldwide, this is an inspired, highly anticipated and critically acclaimed album, already a must-have on the shelves of anyone who is curious about or in love with intelligent, beautiful music.
Presented by the Regional Cultural Centre and Music Network
- Please Note: All ticket holders will be required to show proof of either an EU or NI Covid Vaccination Certificate, or proof of recovery from Covid.
- From October 5th, the seating capacity will be increased and seating will be unallocated. Customers will be able to select their seats on arrival on a first come first serve basis, social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
AN GRIANÁN THEATRE SAFETY MEASURES
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons (except under 12s) to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing