In My Mind’s Eye explores how Frances Browne’s intense imaginative inner life and creativity transformed obstacles into unbelievable artistic success. Presented as part of the Frances Browne Literary Festival.
Frances Brown is a gifted writer. She is blind and she is poor. She needs the assistance of a scribe to complete her work, a job undertaken by her sister Rebekah. But just when Frances’ career is beginning to take off Rebekah leaves her to get married. Her departure is devastating for Frances, leaving her alone and at a loss. Yet, with the aid of a new scribe and by capturing the creative treasures of her intense imaginative inner life, Frances transforms this experience into her biggest artistic success yet. Directed by Emily Foran, this rehearsed reading provides a flavour of the full production to come in 2022.
Written by Shirley-Anne Bonner.
Meet author Shirley-Anne Bonner in a post-show discussion with Dr. Charlotte Mc Ivor (NUI Galway Drama Dept) and Rebecca Mairs (Lyric Theatre Belfast). Learn more about the panellists here.
- Please Note: All ticket holders will be required to show proof of either an EU or NI Covid Vaccination Certificate, or proof of recovery from Covid.
- From October 5th, the seating capacity will be increased and seating will be unallocated. Customers will be able to select their seats on arrival on a first come first serve basis, social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
AN GRIANÁN THEATRE SAFETY MEASURES
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons (except under 12s) to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing