Youth theatre! We’re so happy to you have you back. It’s been a long, lonely summer here at An Grianán. Here’s Nora with a little overview of our new Covid precautions to keep us all as safe and sound as we can be.
Prior to starting classes you and your parent/guardian need to fill in our online registration form here.
If you haven’t already done so you can pay your course fee of €60 online here.
If you would prefer to pay by phone you can do so during box office opening hours which are 9.30am to 4pm Mon to Fri. The phone number is 0749120777. The box office will not be open during class time so make sure you have paid your fees in advance.
NB: if you have missed out on a place and want to be added to the waiting list please send an email with your details here.
Our guidelines have changed a little:
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before class time.
- Entry – Students will enter and exit the building by the dock bay at the side of stage. This is the large roller door to the rear of the building. Please do not enter by the usual front entrance.
- Masks. It is the policy of An Grianán Theatre that all people entering the building wear masks. However as we can maintain the recommended 2 metre distance on stage, it is optional to wear your mask while in the performing space. But once you leave the performing please put your mask on.
- Tables at the back of the stage will be used for storing of students’ personal belongings.
- The stage has been divided into 2 meter squares. Each student will have their own 2 metre performing square that will allow for the recommended minimum 2 metres social distancing.
- Toilet breaks – students will use the toilet facilities in Dressing Room 2. Do not use the public toilets downstairs. NB: No more than 2 people can enter Dressing Room 2 at a time.
- No entry elsewhere in the building. Our designated youth theatre area is the dock, stage and dressing room 2. Please do not leave this area.
- Contact tracing – students will follow our Covid protocols. Hand sanitiser will be provided at entry and exit points. To avoid cross contamination you must bring you own pen to sign in with.
- Parents/guardians will not able to stay in the building during class.
- The stage will be cleaned and sanitised before each class.
- A certified first aider will be available on site at all times.
- Isolation room – Dressing 3 (beside the Green Room) is now our isolation room. if you are feeling unwell during class you will be escorted to this room where you can safely wait until we can contact your parent/guardian.
- Zoom – parents must give their consent for students to participate in online activities. This is part of your registration form. Make sure that you have filled it in before starting term.
- In addition to the facilitator another member of An Grianán’s staff will sit in on Zoom classes as per child safe guarding recommendations from Youth Theatre Ireland.
And folks, if you are feeling unwell please don’t come to class.
NB: Covid19 guidelines can change at very short notice – please make sure we have your most up to date contact information so that we can get in touch quickly.
Wed 9 Sept to Thur 10 Dec 2020 (no class midterm break)
Class 1: 4.30pm to 5.30pm
Class 2: 6.30pm to 7.30pm
A maximum of 9 students per class.
We’re teaming up with the digital media at the Regional Cultural Centre to film your monologues. We’ll determine those filming dates later on but assume for now that we’ll probably have to fit in a few extra sessions in December to get those all done.