We have the following position available on An Grianán Theatre’s Community Employment scheme:
Location – An Grianán Theatre
General Statement of Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Community Employment Supervisor, the main responsibilities of this role will be to ensure that An Grianán Theatre is cleaned and maintained to the highest possible standard.
Job description – Specific Duties
1. Clean all areas of the theatre including auditorium, back stage, front of house and all office areas.
2. Use the floor buffer to maintain the marmoleum floors.
3. Maintain outside bin store and ensure it is kept in good order.
4. Through the Community Employment Supervisor order cleaning equipment and products as required
5. Maintain toilets and ensure they are fully supplied with soap, tissue and hand towels.
6. Assist the setting up of rooms for commercial users of the theatre
7. Clear litter from the car park and grounds of the theatre
8. Remove “Smoking Litter” from Front of building and monitor ash bins
9. Maintain Flower beds watering, weeding and pruning as necessary
10. Cleaning windows and plate glass
11. General maintenance e.g. change light bulbs, etc.
12. To observe An Grianán Health and Safety policy and to wear PPE where required and necessary.
13. Carry out any other duty which falls within the general range of responsibilities of the role.
NB: Please only apply if you meet the eligibility criteria below. You will not be considered for interview if you do not meet the eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Criteria for Participants
The criteria for participating on the Community Employment programme are based on age and length of time in receipt of various social welfare payments. In general, this opportunity is for people of 25 or over who are receiving social welfare payments for 1 year or more, and people of 18 years or over in receipt of disability-related payments.
Please note that eligibility to participate on the Community Employment programme is linked to those in receipt of an Irish social welfare payment (where specified). Those persons not meeting the criteria under the Part-time Integration or Part-time Job Options, or who are signing for credits, or are receiving social welfare benefits from a different country, are not eligible to participate on Community Employment.
To apply please send your CV and PPS number to:
Community Employment Supervisor
An Grianán Theatre