UPDATE 30/11/15: this position has been filled.
An Grianán Theatre wishes to recruit an Accounts Assistant. This position is part time and is available for a six month period to provide cover for a Maternity Leave within the organisation. Cover is required from the beginning of January 2016 for a six month period. This is a Part Time position- 2 to 3 days per week maximum.
• A minimum of two years experience working in a similar office environment is required.
• Knowledge and experience of computerised accounting software is also essential.
• A working knowledge of Sage Accounting software is desirable.
• Remuneration for the position is negotiable depending on experience.
• Please apply in writing enclosing a CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Administrator and operating as part of An Grianán Theatre’s management team, to assist with the day-to-day financial administration of the theatre.
(a) Operate the day to day accounts on Sage Computerised Accounts Package
(b) Prepare Bank reconciliation
(c) Prepare accounts for payment including artist payments.
(d) Prepare daily lodgements of box office receipts and ancillary sales to bank.
(e) Keep appropriate financial records for all the theatre’s activities including performances, workshops, classes and touring projects.
(f) Deal with day to day correspondence and telephone enquiries
(g) Negotiate favourable rates for all Theatre Purchases including stationery, office equipment, cleaning materials, consumable stock etc. and ordering plus stock control of same.
(h) Carry out any other duties, which reasonably fall within the broad terms of the principal responsibilities.
Please apply to:
An Grianán Theatre
Application Deadline – Friday 13 November 2015.