Riverbank Arts Centre presents:
PURE MENTAL by Keith Walsh
Keith Walsh is Pure Mental. Having finished up a 5-year stint presenting on National Radio, in the pressure cooker that is a breakfast show, Keith has finally found a bit of time for himself. More importantly, he’s found time to check in with his mental health.
Midlife Crisis? Midlife awakening? Breakdown? We’ll find out. This show is part of his therapy and you’re his therapist!
Join him on a journey of introspection and exploration, as he locates his demons and traumas in order to try and find the real person underneath the fuzzy mess of stress.
Pure Mental is a live theatre show put together with the help of acclaimed performer, writer and director Janet Moran (A Holy Show, Swing and My Romantic History) in the strangest of Covid times – sometimes working in different rooms, often in different counties.
But like many others, they got there in the end. We have a show.
‘You will laugh, you might cry, the voices in my head are telling me that you might want to throw rotten fruit at me? Is that still a thing? In the end we’ll all feel a lot better. I hope.’ Keith Walsh
Keith Walsh – Writer/Performer
Janet Moran – Director/Dramaturg
Phil Jennings – Production Designer
Riverbank Arts Centre – Producer
Pure Mental is produced by Riverbank Arts Centre with the support of the Arts Council, Creative Ireland and Kildare County Council, with additional support by Mermaid Arts Centre.
Our current guidelines for attending shows at An Grianán Theatre.
- Please note that under current Covid guidelines all adults attending shows must provide proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated under 18s must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please have your e-ticket downloaded to your device prior to arriving at the venue and ready on your phone for scanning. You can also present a printed copy instead if you prefer.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
AN GRIANÁN THEATRE SAFETY MEASURES
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons (except under 12s) to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing
NB: guidelines are subject to change at short notice.