Described as ‘a truly gifted stand up’ by The Sunday Times, join Joanne as she revisits her irreverent and critically acclaimed show The Prosecco Express.
Due to a relentless ageing process, Joanne is suddenly in her late thirties with no husband, no kids, no pension and no plan. She is full of questions, such as, if she doesn’t birth anything, who will be obligated to watch her die so she doesn’t have to do it alone? Can she start a Go Fund page me to get a golden tomb built for single people to get buried in together, or do we all just get thrown into a mass grave and covered in cat hair. When a man on a dating app identifies as ‘spiritual’, is it safe to assume he has the personality of a spoon? If you do all your drinking in the bath, can you write it off as self-care?
‘Dark, hilarious, strangely reassuring’ The Independent, Joanne is on a mission to solve absolutely nothing.
“Next stop, Netflix” THE IRISH DAILY STAR *****
“Joyously nuts” The Examiner *****
“The most exciting thing to happen to Irish comedy in years” *****
“Please bring your friends and laugh until you cry” EDINBURGH REPORTER ****
“Authentic, hilarious comedy” DEADLINE
“Terrifingly funny” The Evening Standard
Our current guidelines for attending shows at An Grianán Theatre.
- Please note that under current Covid guidelines all adults attending shows must provide proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated under 18s must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- Covid Certs and Photo ID will be checked at the front door.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please have your e-ticket downloaded to your device prior to arriving at the venue and ready on your phone for scanning. You can also present a printed copy instead if you prefer.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
NB: guidelines are subject to change at short notice.