After months of inactivity, pianist Finghin Collins takes to the road again this winter, embarking on an extensive national recital tour which he has named after one of the major pieces in the programme – Schubert’s Wanderer Fantasy. This is Schubert’s most demanding work for piano solo, which Schubert named after one of his own songs “Der Wanderer” – music from the song appears in each of the linked movements of the piece. The second half of the programme takes us on the day’s journey into night with a diverse range of pieces inspired by morning, evening and night, including the late Eric Sweeney’s homage to the ancient lighthouse at Hook Head in County Wexford, part of the Ros Tapestry Suite.
Bach English Suite No 3 in G minor
Schubert Wanderer Fantasie Op.15
Amy Beach Hermit Thursh at Morn
Schubert / Godowsky Morning Greeting
Sweeney Evening: The Lighthouse at Hook Head (Ros Tapestry Suite)
Liszt Harmonies du Soir
Clara Schumann Notturno
Chopin Scherzo No. 2 Op. 31
Our current guidelines for attending shows at An Grianán Theatre.
- Please note that under current Covid guidelines all adults attending shows must provide proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated under 18s must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please have your e-ticket downloaded to your device prior to arriving at the venue and ready on your phone for scanning. You can also present a printed copy instead if you prefer.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
AN GRIANÁN THEATRE SAFETY MEASURES
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons (except under 12s) to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing
NB: guidelines are subject to change at short notice.