The Adventures of the Exotic Dr. Proctor is the story of an intrepid explorer who travels through different worlds in his magic Horsebox. Follow the magical doctor as he tries to create his camp, so that he can continue his adventures while exploring the exotic land that he has arrived in. Suitable for all ages, a fun family show with a twist of magic and a hint of circus. Come along and explore with the doctor and see what can go wrong while creating his campsite!
Directed by Sinéad O’Donnell-Carey.
Creator of the Exotic Dr Proctor, Orson Sterritt has been juggling from a young age. He learned his craft performing in parades and as a walk around act. He has been performing in theatre for many years in musicals and various other shows. This is the first show he has written and also his first solo performance.
Presented by Giddy Up Theatre in association with An Grianán Theatre.
This production is a recipient of a bursary award from An Grianán’s Make Some Noise scheme.
An Grianán Theatre Safety Measures
- a maximum of 50 patrons are allowed into the shows with a maximum of 6 people in any one group with 2 metre social distancing between each group.
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing
WHAT IS A RELAXED PERFORMANCE?
Relaxed Performances are specifically designed to welcome people who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment, including, but not limited to, people with an Autism Spectrum Condition, sensory and communication disorders, or a learning disability.
- There is a relaxed attitude to noise and movement and some small changes made to the light and sound effects.
- Theatre lights will stay on and people will be warned of sudden noises.
- An easy way to understand the atmosphere is perhaps, ‘the opposite of the quiet carriage on a train’.
WHY DO A RELAXED PERFORMANCES?
Many aspects of a standard theatre experience can cause difficulties for children. Busy foyers, unexpected music, lights going up and down and applause can all be unsettling. Even the interval can confuse because it may seem strange to leave the auditorium in the middle of an event.
These performances are for anyone who would benefit from a more relaxed performance environment, including people with an autistic spectrum condition, sensory or communication disorders, or a learning disability, or just those who are uncomfortable being in a darkly lit room, or those who feel they can’t sit quietly for an extended period of time.
CAN ANYONE COME TO THIS PERFORMANCE?
Yes everyone is welcome, it’s important that those for whom it is intended get to share the experience with their peers and siblings. That’s the joy of a relaxed performance! BUT REMEMBER WE MUST STILL OBSERVE COVID RESTRICTIONS.