EDDI READER – 40 YEARS LIVE
Eddi Reader is perhaps Scotland’s greatest living female voice. In 2022, she celebrates her 40th year on stage with a ’40 Years Live’ concert tour.
From her earliest years playing the folk clubs of western Scotland and learning how to street sing across Europe (like her hero Edith Piaf) Eddi’s path soon lead her to a professional career in music as a backing singer for Eurythmics and Gang of Four. Her band Fairground Attraction had huge international success and number one hits with ‘Perfect’ and debut album ‘First of a Million Kisses’ which stormed the charts in the late 1980s.
Throughout her successful solo career, Eddi has released consistently great works, including highly acclaimed albums such as ‘The Songs of Robert Burns’ and last years ‘Cavalier’. She has won Brit Awards, been awarded four honorary degrees, an MBE, sung to millions on some of the world’s greatest concert and festival stages and collaborated with a host of stars across a myriad of genres including Folk, Jazz, Pop, World, Punk and even Classical work with various orchestras.
In 2019 Eddi was invited to be a special guest with Jools Holland’s Rhythm & Blues Orchestra for an extensive tour, she released her ‘Starlight’ EP, played sold out headline shows, recorded a programme for BBC Radio’s Classic Scottish Album series about her Robert Burns recordings and appeared on BBC Television’s ‘Songs of Praise’ and as part of Billy Connolly’s ‘Made In Scotland’ series.
The ’40 Years Live’ tour promises to be something special, as with any Eddi Reader show, the magic is being made in the moment, no two performances are ever the same.
“One of my favourite singers of all time” Jools Holland
“Just perfect – Eddi Reader gets every song just right” The Sunday Times
“Flawless, not just perfect, world class” R2 Magazine
“Timeless and universal” The Scotsman
Our current guidelines for attending shows at An Grianán Theatre.
- Please note that under current Covid guidelines all adults attending shows must provide proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated under 18s must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- Covid Certs and Photo ID will be checked at the front door.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please have your e-ticket downloaded to your device prior to arriving at the venue and ready on your phone for scanning. You can also present a printed copy instead if you prefer.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
NB: guidelines are subject to change at short notice.