‘ST COLMCILLE, DOVE OF PEACE’
A major new work from composer Vincent Kennedy
Come along and be part of the world premiere of a remarkable new suite of music by Dublin composer Vincent Kennedy, ‘St Colmcille, Dove of Peace’.The work has been specially commissioned for Colmcille 1500 and has been inspired by incidents and episodes in the life of Donegal’s most famous saint.
‘St Colmcille, Dove of Peace’ will be performed by –
Donegal Youth Orchestra
Donegal Youth Choir
Megan Armitage – narrator
Nodlaig Brolly – harpist and singer
Paul Gillespie – uilleann pipes
Sara Laughlin – soprano
Aodhán Gavigan – tenor
Vincent Kennedy – conductor
Vincent Kennedy, long-time conductor of the Donegal Youth Orchestra, is one of the country’s leading composers. He has written for orchestral and chamber ensembles, symphonic and brass bands, and choral ensembles. His music has been performed by the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra, the RTÉ Concert Orchestra, the band An Garda Siochána and the Irish Army band.
The new work has been jointly commissioned by Donegal County Council and Donegal Music Education Partnership (part of Donegal ETB), with funding from Creative Ireland and Donegal County Council.
Our current guidelines for attending shows at An Grianán Theatre.
- Please note that under current Covid guidelines all adults attending shows must provide proof of vaccination. Unvaccinated under 18s must be accompanied by a vaccinated adult.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- Please have your e-ticket downloaded to your device prior to arriving at the venue and ready on your phone for scanning. You can also present a printed copy instead if you prefer.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
NB: guidelines are subject to change at short notice.