Bottom Dog Theatre Company presents
A Wilde Fan
Written and performed by Myles Breen
Directed by Liam O’Brien
From a young age, acclaimed actor and playwright Myles Breen has been Oscar Wilde’s biggest fan.
In his new solo performance Myles celebrates the poet, playwright and novelist – recounting the affect Wilde has had on his own work, and indeed his life.
Beginning with studying ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ for the Leaving Cert and exploring his many other works, Myles delves into Oscar’s incredible life story – one that has been a constant source of inspiration and obsession.
Wilde was an artist whose unique imagination and ideas on life, love and art are as modern today as when they were first written, and whose rapid rise to fame and scandalous down fall is still an example of how a society can turn on those who do not conform; a man of his time, but also of all time.
Reuniting with director Liam O’Brien (Language UnBecoming A Lady / The Bachelor of Kilkish), the international award winning Limerick based company presents this their 15th production as part of a 5-week nationwide tour.
Originally funded by their sell out 10th anniversary fundraiser ‘Bottom’s Up’ in 2018, Bottom Dog are delighted to return with yet another story they are passionate about bringing to audiences in Letterkenny.
Featuring excerpts from Wilde’s writings alongside Breen’s trademark wit and performed with his usual flair, A Wilde Fan is a personal and theatrical take on one of history’s greatest artists, by his biggest fan.
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken!”
- Please Note: All ticket holders will be required to show proof of either an EU or NI Covid Vaccination Certificate, or proof of recovery from Covid.
- From October 5th, the seating capacity will be increased and seating will be unallocated. Customers will be able to select their seats on arrival on a first come first serve basis, social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
AN GRIANÁN THEATRE SAFETY MEASURES
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons (except under 12s) to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing