Gabriel García Márquez’s darkly comic tale, brought to the stage for children and adults to share.
In a kitchen, in a theatre, two storytellers and their audience ﬁnd something remarkable — a very old man with enormous wings. The wise neighbour woman tells us he’s an angel. The priest says he’s an imposter. Pilgrims ﬂock to see him, hoping to be healed by him, hoping for a gawp. They leave with something different than what they expected.
Adapted from Gabriel García Márquez’s Un señor muy viejo con unas alas enormes, Dan Colley and Riverbank Arts Centre bring this classic piece of magical realism to the stage in search of its beautiful, strange, emotional richness.
WINNER – Best Design at Dublin Fringe Festival 2019
- Please Note: All ticket holders will be required to show proof of either an EU or NI Covid Vaccination Certificate, or proof of recovery from Covid.
- From October 5th, the seating capacity will be increased and seating will be unallocated. Customers will be able to select their seats on arrival on a first come first serve basis, social distancing is strongly encouraged.
- The use of face coverings is mandatory (under 12s exempt) in all areas of An Grianán Theatre and during the show.
- Latecomers may not be admitted.
- If you or any member of your party have had symptoms of COVID-19 in the 10 days prior to an event we would ask that you do not visit the venue and instead contact Box Office by phone or email.
AN GRIANÁN THEATRE SAFETY MEASURES
- Contactless e-ticketing
- Social-distanced queuing, audience areas and staging
- One-way systems
- COVID-19 safety signage
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers throughout the building
- Wearing of face coverings by all administration and technical staff
- All patrons (except under 12s) to wear face coverings
- Contact tracing