Youth Theatre: Junior (ages 10 to 13)
Suitable for children 10 to 13 years old, our drama course offers children the chance to play creatively through a wide variety of drama games and exercises. Find out more about our drama classes here.
Start date: Sat 22 April 2017
Finish date: Sat 24 June 2017
Class times: 12pm to 1.30pm
Unlike a traditional speech and drama class, at An Grianán Theatre our emphasis is firmly on creative play. The classes feature an inventive and fun mix of drama games and acting exercises, voice work, movement and basic stage craft. Children are encouraged to improvise and creatively engage with the material provided by the tutor.
This programme offers an excellent introduction to drama for beginners and the opportunity for continuing students to build on their skills.
With many of our participants returning year after year we vary the content of each course considerably depending on the experience and interests of each group.
Tutor: Nora Kavanagh
An Grianán Youth Theatre is affiliated to Youth Theatre Ireland
- Our classes are active! Participants are advised to wear loose, comfortable clothes and suitable footwear such as runners. We also recommend that students should bring something to drink with them and a healthy snack.
- All children under the ages of 18 must have a consent form signed by their parent /guardian.
- Children should be collected promptly as soon as class is over.
- Category: Highlights / Workshops
- Date: Saturday 22 April 2017
- Times: 12pm to 1.30pm