Irish Aerial Dance Fest 2017
Now in its eighth year, the Irish Aerial Dance Fest attracts tutors, performers and students from all over the world. If you’ve never tried aerial before then check out the Explorer classes that are tailor made for newcomers.
An Grianán Theatre – Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Regional Cultural Centre- Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Letterkenny Community Centre – Pearse Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Aura Leisure Centre – Sallaghagrane, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
Once again there is a packed schedule of classes and workshops in disciplines such as Fabric, Cocoon, Roue Cyr, Trapeze, Cloudswing, Rope, Wall-running , Counterweight and more.
There are classes to suit all levels from beginners through to highly skilled. See the official website for full class schedule.
- Please be careful to choose classes appropriate to your levels of experience and fitness. Once the IADF starts it is very hard to change classes.
- Spread your classes out leaving plenty of time to rest and make sure your respect the limits of your body. For instance, don’t book a string of classes in a row that work only your upper-arms. By the end of the second class you may find you can’t do any more.
- If you can do some preparation work in a gym prior to the IADF you will get much more out of the fest, and your body will thank you for it.
- Allow enough time to travel between class locations. It can take 20 minutes to walk between some venues.
- If you have a Yoga mat, side-harness or sit-harness please bring it with you.
- Bring warm clothes as some of our venues are quite big and can get cold.
- Bring wet gear. This is Ireland.
- Bring packed lunches. You’ll need to keep your energy up between classes.
- If you need help deciding on which classes are most suitable for you please contact the IADF directly.
The IADF is run by Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Theatre in conjunction with An Grianán Theatre and Donegal County Council.
Fidget Feet are Ireland’s foremost aerial dance theatre company. They have toured the world and performed some of our shows to over 80,000 people. They have a strong commitment to the develop of aerial skills in Ireland and this annual festival is a wonderful opportunity for performers to share skills and learn new techniques with experienced international tutors and performers.
For booking or further information please visit the festival website.
Shows at the IADF
If you don’t fancy getting on stage you can always come and see some of our fabulous aerialists performing. This year we have shows from Ireland, Costa Rica and the Netherlands.
Fidget Feet (Ireland)
Fri 2 June at 9pm
International Aerial Doublebill
Dandier Aerial Dance Co (Costa Rica), Maartje Fijen and Saar Rombout (Netherlands)
Sat 3 June at 7.30pm
Emma Insley Circus Night
Sat 10 June at 7.30pm
- Category: Dance / Workshops
- Date: Sunday 28 May 2017 - Saturday 10 June 2017